Tuesday, August 26, 2008

cellnet

Set up your own ghetto cell network.

Ubuntu Hardy, Bluetooth adaptor, Cellphone with PAN bluetooth profile (Samsung Blackjack I in my case),
private network connection (I have it connected to the WAN port on a linksys wireless router)

So I have a laptop with a eth0, wlan0, bnep0. For this I am not
using wlan0 but I guess you could if your card supports apmode

I actually have mine connected from the phone to the laptop, and then shared to the eth0 port which is connected to the linksys and then all my other machines connected to it. (static ip's on both ends)


#/etc/bluetooth/pan/dev-down
#!/bin/bash
pand --connect 00:1A:8A:28:5F:A1 -n
sleep 1
ifup bnep0
dhclient
ifconfig eth0 192.168.11.1 up
/etc/init.d/ipmasq restart
/etc/init.d/dnsmasq restart


#/etc/bluetooth/pan/dev-down
#!/bin/bash
sudo ifdown bnep0
sudo pand -k 00:1A:8A:28:5F:A1


No comments: